Tuesday 22 February 2011

Test Shots - Day 1

Today I did a number of test shots in the locations where I expect to be shooting for the projects. Below is what the results were.... Just real quick edits too, nothing final.



I think in the inner hall image (far left) the client wants the skylight windows in the shot, so I may have to get lower and look more upwards for the actual final shots, but this was a good lighting exercise. The library shot (centre) is my favorite because of all of the interest in the room, I may have to composite so that the end of the room isn't lost in total darkness, but maybe that works for this shot, decision needs to be made! Finally the image of the staircase (right) was a difficult one to light, the wood doesn't light nicely at all. Also the surroundings of the staircase aren't very aesthetic meaning I am going to have to be very directional with the light. I like the lighting setup here in the test shot, other setups made too much of the staircases surroundings and didn't isolate the subject.

It is thought that for the image on the left it will be martial artists, center shot it will be a hurdler and on the right it will be ballerinas or dancers. I personally feel that over crowding the stairs will not work and look cluttered, so I will suggest to the client that we stick with one strong subject.

I need to go back and do further tests, and address anything that the client brings up when we next meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment