Tuesday 22 February 2011

High Speed Flash Photography

So today I hired a pool and experimented with high speed flash photography while people were jumping in and I was capturing their splashes. This meant I needed a transmitter that was able to send a signal capable of letting the remote flashes syncing at a fast shutter speed, for example 1/2000 of a second.

Here is one of the results:


It was hard to focus on such a fast moving subject, so I pre-focused on the area that I knew the action would be happening and left it in manual for when it actually happened, this got me more sharp results. Another slight problem was the range of the infrared Nikon CLS (creative lighting system) as I would have maybe liked to be further away from the action but it was workable. A radio trigger that is cable of syncing that fast would be the the ideal solution but not budget realistic.

This exercise helped me start to get my head around high speed sync with flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment