Thursday 24 February 2011

Inspiration

I assisted photographer, Richard Booth (www.richardbooth.co.uk) yesterday at Dartford Judo club. He was shooting some visually impaired champions in Judo.






His shots aren't just the everyday reportage shots that most photographers could achieve and require his own lighting setup consisting of a mix between flash and tungsten light.

Shown below is the lighting setup that we used. It consisted of two profoto flashes on battery packs (great for when there's no, or limited power sources. Also no wires getting in the way) and 2 tungsten lights. From what I understood; the flashes were to freeze the subject in motion and the tungsten lights were to achieve a motion blur to give a real feel of movement.


The Results that I saw and the results that I had seen from previous shoots with Richard made me think that lighting like this is a viable idea for my own project.

Here is a result from lighting like this:

Copyright © Richard Booth


No comments:

Post a Comment